credits: Image source
In Tehillim (Psalms) Chapter 119: letter Pey - It says: "Petach D'varecha Yair" this can be translated to mean "The opening of your (Hashem) words will bring forth light".
What could we make of this?
The Vilna Gaon beautifully connects the opening passage of each of the 5 books of the Torah with an element that makes up the menora.
1) The opening pasuk (passage) of Bereishit/Genesis consists of 7 words. -- The menora consists of 7 Branches
2) Shemot/Exodus consists of 11 opening words. -- The menora consists of 11 Kaftorim (buttons)
3) Vayikra/Leviticus 9 opening words -- The menora consists of 9 Flowers
4) Bamidbar/Numbers 17 opening words -- The menora is 17 Tefach high / a tefach is about 10 cm
5) Devarim/Deuteronomy 22 opening words. -- The menora consists of 22 cups.
And indeed the opening of Hashems words will shine forth light!